Service tax should be minimised to 12% which is currently 15%. Also, service tax should be on payments received and not revenue incurred.
Expectations from Budget 2017:
• Service tax should be minimised to 12%, which is currently 15%. Also, service tax should be on payments received and not revenue incurred.
• National road network should be improved. An efficient road network ensures low breakdown and better shipments.
• Subsidies on adoption of the technology, transport, freight and warehousing.
• Emphasis on skill developments through NSDC: Dearth of skilled manpower- Drivers, packers, loaders. Ensure resources are available and adequate allocations.
• In order to keep pace with the growth and new requirements in the business, it is important that technologies are embraced.
• Among the key expectations from the ensuing Budget are a new fiscal policy framework, corporate tax rationalization, higher rural capex.
The author, Aakanksha Bhargava is the CEO and President of PM Relocations (PMR).